The past couple of Sunday’s as I was up early, eating breakfast, putsing around and getting ready for church, I turned on the TV only to find Creflo Dollar preaching on fear. I was interested. Creflo is brilliant at keeping your attention, at giving you memorable one liners and deep scriptural support for what he preaches. I just want to share some of it with you, because I think that he shared God’s heart on what fear really is (and isn’t).
- Fear is not okay
- Fear is NOT natural… all natural things are from God and God did not create fear (see 2 Timothy 1:7)
- Satan is the spirit of fear
- The #1 fear that Satan wants to give you is for you to believe that God’s promises are NOT true.
- Fear comes through the face of disbelief
- Where there is fear there is unbelief… ‘I’m afraid that God is not going to deliver me from this situation’
- You have to deal with the area of unbelief before you can handle fear.
- God can not work in the presence of fear. 3 times (Zachariah, Mary & the Shepherds) God’s agents (angels) greeted their quest with ‘Do not be afraid.’
- God can remove fear (see Psalm 34:4) (see 1 Peter 5:6-7) (Matthew 6:25-34)
- Fear and faith are polar opposites
- Faith comes by hearing the word (Romans 10:17)
- Fear comes by hearing the word and flipping it upside down
- Fear that is tolerated will contaminate faith
- You can’t use fear as a motivator… it will eventually turn its back on you to create bondage
- When you close the door on fear, satan can not operate
- Fear is a sin punishable by death… Revelation 21:8 says,
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
This passage would indicate that fear is as much of a sin as disbelief in God, murder, adultery, witchcraft, etc.
Fear is Satan’s lie… It began in Genesis 3:1-4
Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die.
Here, God said one thing, and satan said the opposite. Fear comes by hearing the contradiction to what God has said.
Almost every book in the Bible has a “fear not” in it. Satan’s greatest lie (God’s promises are not true) can only be combatted by complete faith in God.
Although Job was a righteous man and would not speak evil, he opened the door through thoughts of fear for the enemy to work in his life.
For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came. Job 3:25-26
In other words, he said,
I did what was right, but I was afraid that God would not take care of me.
In contrast, Jesus challenges us to have faith.
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Matthew 21:21-22.
Just say NO to fear! Close and lock that door! Don’t sign on the dotted line for that package! Stop the thought before the thought sucks you into the lie!
We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
Looking for a gift to inspire? Check out www.ChristianGiftsPlace.com
203.834.0356 or 866.834.0356