Historically, I have struggled with deciding what to give as a wedding gift. Part of my thought frenzy always seemed to center around the fact that (in most cases) the bride and groom had spent an inordinate amount of time registering for gifts that they really wanted… and in some cases needed to set up house… and that I was required to ‘conform’ and give them something that they selected. But then that little convicting voice inside of me would say, ‘Why give them something that might be duplicated, something that will no longer be in fashion in 3 years, or something that may sit in a closet for twenty years never seeing useful service (e.g., fondue set, ice cream maker, and fry daddy – in my pantry for 18 years!)? Give them something that will truly bless their marriage… something that will reinforce the fact that marriage is a union of three… not two… he, she and Thee!
Clearly, I was not the only one that struggled with this issue. As a result of many phone calls with and purchasing patterns of our customers, we, at Christian Gifts Place, have arrived at a list of the top 5 Gifts That Bless The Marriage. These have been the most popular selections by our customers for the sacred covenant of Marriage. Enjoy!
- Communion Set – An amazingly powerful gift that will enable the tradition of communion in the home. Remembering our Lord’s sacrifice in a home setting between husband and wife is a very pure and reverant act that permeates pure love and creates unity. (1 Corinthians 11:23-26 instructs us to observe communion and Acts 2:42 describes the early church meeting in homes to fellowship and break bread.
- Scripture Pottery – Display your faith in the kitchen, in your friend’s home, or at the next neighborhood potluck with hand-formed clay pottery that has been stamped with scripture.
- Embroidered Linens – Give a gift of blessing and memory. Linens with scripture and prayers can be personalized with names and dates.
- Framed Wall Hanging with Scripture – This is just simple goodness. Give the bride and groom a wall hanging that matches the motif and design of their home AND has scripture on it. Just another way to the Light the Home with the Living Word.
- Nativity – Nativities are expensive and often times the Bride and Groom are so busy equipping their house with day to day needs that they arrive at their first Christmas without a Nativity Set. This is a classic gift that will be cherished forever.
Remember that our mission is to help Let the Word of God Light the Home. By giving gifts that display scripture, you encourage and uplift the recipient over and over again! It is a blessing to bless others….
In His Grip,
Shop at ChristianGiftsPlace.com and find gifts that will Light the Home with the Living Word.