I read this… thought it was perfect for this Father’s Day Weekend. Enjoy… and pass it on.
Author is Kurt Stratton. You can subscribe to his Daily Devotional at by sending him your name and email to email@example.com.
Do you love your children? What a crazy question. Of course you do. And I love my kids, enough to pray for them, laugh and cry with them, and support them in any way I can. Just when I think I cannot love them any greater, I realize I don’t do for my kids what God does for His kids, because He:
1. Counts the hairs on our heads (Mt. 10:30)
2. Saves every tear in a bottle (Ps. 56:8)
3. Answers before we call (Is. 65:24)
4. Keeps His promises 100% of the time (2 Cor. 1:20 / Titus 1:1)
5. Is present in every circumstance, no matter how bad (Is. 43:2)
6. Rewards miracle-working, mountain-moving requests (Mt. 17:20)
7. Promises unlimited power to do His will (Jn. 14:12 / Mt. 18:18-20)
8. Forgives and forgets (Ps. 103:3,12 / Jer. 31:34)
9. Promises abundance when we put Him first (Pr. 3:9,10)
10. Brings healing in body, spirit and mind (Ps. 103:1-5 / Jam. 5:14,15)
11. Gives power to defeat unseen enemies (Lk. 10:19 / Mk. 16:17,18)
12. Provides an Advocate and Mediator at all times (Heb. 4:14-16 / I Tim. 2:5)
13. Blesses us with an ever-present Comforter, Teacher, and Guide (Jn. 16:7-13)
14. Shows us a way of escape when tempted (I Cor. 10:13)
15. Prepares a mansion for us, to live with Him forever (Jn. 14:2,3)
But, you see, that’s why He is our Heavenly Father – Who never changes, is all-powerful, all-knowing, and ever-present – who created more than 130 billion galaxies, yet somehow, can live in our hearts. And He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ to be the complete and final payment for our sin, to conquer death, and to empower our lives until He comes back for His Bride, a “glorious Church without spot or wrinkle…holy and without blemish.” And I say, “Thank you Abba, Father…and even so, come, Lord Jesus!”
SHOP NOW AT www.ChristianGiftsPlace.com
Follow us on Twitter @CGPLADY
It is indeed amazing to have a father just like that!
Here’s my post about our Father to the fatherless as well: http://your-dailyword.blogspot.com/2009/06/father-to-fatherless-happy-fathers-day.html